Friday, May 25, 2012


Abandoned, 14 x 21 pastel on board

Another plein air begun outside and finished in the studio. I found this wonderful old house in Clarksburg on a road I hadn't been on. I was actually lost and looking for something else when I found this!  The house is abandoned and the windows are broken. There are locust trees growing in the front and several large catalpas on the other side. I know I will return to this subject again.

This is painted on matboard with two coats of tinted Art Spectrum liquid primer. I used a combination of burnt umber and burnt sienna to tone the gel. It makes a nice warm neutral on which to work.

1 comment:

  1. How I wish I could paint too just like you - learn more about the techniques to have a beautiful and outstanding outcome. Your very inspiring.
    waikiki resort

    ReplyDelete