Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back to Landscape




Shore Houses 20 x 16 pastel on board















I just did this picture as a potential submission for an article in an art journal. I took photos of each stage and was pleased with the way it came out. It's been raining and lousy lately, so I decided to take the opportunity to work in the studio from photos. This is a picture from my recent trip to Mattapoisett, MA. I really liked the pattern of trees, a lovely swirl of dark with strong lights juxtaposed. I also decided to keep the bottom unfinished, something I try to do, most of the time unsuccessfully! I think it worked this time.




I've been busy getting ready for my upcoming show in Marion, MA (June 26-July 22). I just published my first book! It will be listed on a special page of my website, once my husband gets the next update done. It's really exciting to see yourself in print!

No comments:

Post a Comment